Hmmmm...How many of us are "guilty" of surviving on an energy drink and or coffee a little more than we want to admit?
A new study warns that "Consuming just one energy drink could trigger potentially "life-threatening" changes in blood pressure and the heart". Yikes! That's a buzz killer, isn't it?
Truth is, I have the perfect vibrant living program at my finger tips:
1. Healthy living approved receipes I can use for weekly meal prep.
Sundays seem to work best for me. What about you? Do you see yourself being most successful at this task on the same day or is another day better for you? Share your thoughts and I'll send you a an ecopy of the Healthy Living Recipe Book.
2. Access to one of the top researched foods containing health-giving additives and medicinal benefits...and that's my fruits and veggies a capsule and chew - and my kid gets his free for up to 4 years with my order! That's a big deal for my family. In fact, Grandma and Grandpa sponsor a grandchild each! And I love that we are all in this together.
Now, getting it attched to a regular habit is where I've run into a challenge, in the past.
I know I do well if I have a chart on the wall or fridge that I have to fill out daily and see daily - it also helps me hit my goal of keeping myself hydrated. Drinking liquids in any quality has also been a challenge, in the past for me. I seem to lack a thirst desire. Maybe that's because I'm a water sign both in astrology and traditional chinese medicine...Hmmm? Or could it be the fact that I am probably in a state of chronic dehydration and have therefore shut down my thirst mechanism? I'll share more on that in a future post. And I promise to share my tracking chart with you when I put the final touches on it.
What's your favourite health and wellness tracking app or manual format, that you absolutely love?
3. A 10-day program that can kickstart, restart and reset my body and healthy living lifestyle. With recipes of meals and smoothies included which saves me loads of time.
4. A balanced and complete whole food based shake mix - my favourite is the dutch chocolate (yummy!) that I use as a base to my favourite smoothies or on it's own when I'm running super short on time. And thankfully there are whole food snack bars that can power me through the dreaded 3 o'clock slump.
5. Regular Exercise. My go to favourites are walking and mind-body-spirit exercises. I'm grateful to be sharing yoga, meditation, relaxation, mindfulness and my signature yoga energy wellness practice, eONE Yoga with a fabulous group of people at Wellness Path - Clarington - I'm filling my day time classes and have a spot or two left in my evening classes. Regular workshops are right around the corner too! Check it out and register today.
Got ideas for classes, escapes, retreats or workshops? Let's chat!
6. Plus, I'm growing fresh clean vegetables year round, using 90% less water and space with 30% greater yields of food for my family...here's the kicker, there's no soil and almost no upkeep!
I can't wait to get it moved outside and I'm on the hunt for strawberry, broccoli, watermelon and celery seeds to go along with my cucumbers this year! Check out this celery grown on a tower - wow! I'm so looking forward to that.
What leafy greens, herbs, vine and stock vegetables do you love to grow?
While the research is still out on the dangers of caffeine from energy drinks or coffee or all the risks associated with consuming energy drinks, I am reminded of my healthy living mantra: "Variety, Balance and Moderation in every thing I do." Those three things I have found are the answer to just about anything related to reaching your optimal level of health and living the most vibrant life you can live!
So, what's been stopping me from integrating these tools for vibrant living into my daily life consistently? Time Management/Organization....hmmmm.....A system...oh wait, I have that! Seems I just need to sit down and take the time to organize myself and my schedule...
I'd love to hear what's been keeping you stuck. Drop me a line or add a comment below and let me know what things have been standing in the way of your health and vibrant living success.
And you know what....! Here's what I'm going to do - I'm going to dive in and prioitize, schedule and commit to following the vibrant living tools I have at my finger tips for the next...yikes...30 days!
I'm going to ask my success coach to hold me accountable along with a buddy - cause life's always better with a buddy! I've got a buddy in mind (I just know she'll say yes!) and my next coaching call is scheduled. Check mark and gold star for me! Remember, it's so important to celebrate all of the little accomplishments we hit along the way. That's not something I was very good at in the past. But understanding that this moment, right now - is all we have. I make a vow to myself (and you'd be good to make one too) that I will acknolwedge the little accomplishments I make along the way. I know it will help me stay motivated and accountable which is a win-win in my books.
Who would you want to hold you accountable a friend, a life coach or both? Find out how I can support your healthy living journey today.
"Hey, you know what...You are welcome to join me on this journey too!", she says as she drinks the last of her last energy drink...for at least 30 days, if not life! YIKES :-)
I'm thrilled my whole food supplements boost my energy, naturally!
Curious? Let's chat.
Here's to your Vibrant Life!
Here's some hash tags to have fun with:
#takehealthyback, #fitforlife, #vibrantlivingwithsarah, #vibrantliving, #sarahtownson, #wellnesspath, #thisgirlisrunning, #fit4less
This post was originally posted on vibrantlivingwithsarah.ca
Sarah Townson is a yoga and lifestyle wellness specialist on a mission to help women and their families of all ages master the art of vibrant living.